“A [scholarship] from the Education Fund allowed me to attend the CONNECTIONS Convention. The invaluable industry knowledge and connections gained and shared once I got back have benefitted my entire small railroad.”
- Stephen Richards, Chief of Police/Compliance
Officer, West Virginia Central Railroad
Support for Industry Education, Training and Certification Programs
The American Short Line and Regional Railroad Association (ASLRRA) created the Short Line Education Fund to address industry training and certification needs; communicate and promote the value of short line railroads to decision makers, customers and industry stakeholders; and build a library of industry-specific research, education and training materials. The Short Line Education Fund is a 501c3 nonprofit organization and contributions are tax-deductible.
Priority initiatives currently slated for advancement include:
- Developing curriculum for an industry-specific executive leadership program;
- Expanding webinar production abilities and enhancing offerings to include expert speakers and specially-developed content;
- Implementing an online learning management tool to offer tests and certifications based on industry training templates;
- Creating communications tools to grow/expand industry awareness and support advocacy efforts (e.g. industry fact book, industry primers, interactive website tools, etc.);
- Facilitating research on the economic impact of the short line regional railroad industry on related industries, key customers, and the nation’s economy.
As a 501c3 nonprofit organization, the Short Line Education Fund may accept tax deductible donations from individuals and corporations. Simply click the Donate Now button to make a secure online donation. Personal and/or corporate checks made payable to the Short Line Education Fund may be sent to ASLRRA.