Safety Person of the Year Award Criteria
Purpose of the Award
To recognize and honor the short line and regional railroad employee who has demonstrated the most outstanding safety achievement, with special emphasis on initiatives that improve employee safety in the workplace.
All employees of ASLRRA member railroads, except those considered to be professional safety management employees, are candidates to receive this prestigious award. All railroad members are encouraged to nominate the individual who best exemplifies a model of safe work performance.
Factors Considered for Nomination
- Nominee must exhibit a high degree of safety awareness through visible promotion of safety programs and initiatives, as well as leadership by example. Provide examples in the nomination.
- Nominee must contribute off-duty time to activities promoting community safety and involvement in social service. Provide examples in the nomination.
- Please indicate any other traits or characteristics that exemplify a nominee worthy of winning the ASLRRA Safety Person of the Year Award.
- Please note that all criteria must be met. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Nominating an Employee
- Nominations shall be submitted via the online form, found on the awards information page.
- Nominations shall be restricted to one (1) candidate per ASLRRA member railroad.
- Nominations will then be forwarded to the selection committee for final decision.
For More Information
Contact Crystal Gitchell at (202) 585-3442 for further details.